We will connect people with materials, information, services, and programs for enjoyment, enrichment, and education in a welcoming, convenient and responsive atmosphere.
The Ogdensburg Public Library aspires to:
- Promote literacy and the love of lifelong learning by meeting the educational, informational, cultural, technological and recreational needs of the community.
- Create an inviting and vibrant center for the community.
- Have a well-trained and educated staff.
- Be a technology leader in the community.
- Be fiscally responsible.
- Be a vital, integral and essential part of the community.
- Be a partner with other community organizations.
- Be the center of information in the community.
- Reading as an activity that entertains and educates, especially for children and teens.
- Finding, evaluating, and using information and technology effectively.
- The value and pleasure of lifelong learning.
- Free access to knowledge.
- The efficient and effective use of library services.